Cloud Services offer business advantages. However, it is important to note that there are different options available.
The following article outlines the IaaS offerings to assist you in deciding whether it would suite your business better than PaaS or SaaS.
Understanding IaaS; who would it work for & why.
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) refers to cloud computing infrastructure services delivered to an organization in a way that is wholly scalable, automated and self-serviced.
IaaS services provide the necessary IT requirements such as servers, network(s), operating systems, and storage which your business can access via virtualization technology. This allows a business to bypass the potentially formidable buy-in of hardware and IT infrastructure whilst retaining control.
Benefits of IaaS - IaaS provides numerous benefits to businesses both small and large. Here are the top ones to take into consideration:
- Easy Access: Services are simple to monitor and access as well as fully self-service.
- Complete Customization: IaaS allows businesses to invest in exactly what IT resources they require on an as-needed basis.
- Absolute Control: Everything is transparent, businesses can exercise complete control over their entire infrastructure.
- Ultimate Flexibility: IaaS is the most flexible of any cloud computing configuration.
- On-demand purchasing: This allows capital to be freed up whilst being ready to immediately adapt to resource demand; which mitigates over-buying or the continual costs of hardware maintenance and upgrades.
- Independence: Through IaaS, clients can autonomously manage runtime, operating systems, data, middleware and applications the way they see fit. IaaS allows for independence to be maintained while only paying for the Servers & Storage that you use.
- Zero Physical Maintenance: IaaS allows for all of the capabilities and technology resources of a traditional data centre without the headache of physical management and maintenance of one, a true win.
- Behind the Scenes Experts: IaaS providers do behind the scenes work to manage servers, virtualization, storage, hard drives and networking such that your IT resources are always tuned for optimal performance – this can include Backup & Disaster Recovery Services.
- Automated Deployment: Automated deployment of resources makes shifts and changes simple, quick, and painless.
- Evolution-Friendly & Ready: IaaS allows a business to sample specific hardware or software and to adopt new applications. It conforms to your needs, you only pay for the resources that you use.
*Azure is an example of IaaS and is now available in South Africa - powered by System 5.
System 5 provides complete availability to enterprise-level IT Services and Infrastructure to South African businesses.
Advantages of choosing System 5 include:
- No more IT drama. Should you decide to change from your current IT Service Provider to System 5 – we will handle everything with Zero Disruption to your business operations.
- Direct Communications! Each System 5 client has a dedicated professional always available. Don’t be put on hold, System 5 has a no ‘call-waiting list’.
Ready and wanting Cloud Services but unconvinced that a reliable connection and viable speeds for Cloud Services are possible in RSA on a business level? You will be pleased to know that System 5 powers business-grade Connectivity Services.
If you would like to discuss what IT Services specifically suite your business model – simply click here.